Child Protection Chair - Medway - up to £39,928 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Child Protection Chair (Qualified Social Worker) based in Medway.
The successful candidate will be curious and has children at the very heart of all they do. You will have the ability to develop strong professional relationships that support quality practice for our children and young people and be confident to challenge when this is not the best it can be.
A minimum of 5 years' experience of social work with significant experience and understanding of child protection practice is essential.
Benefits as a Child Protection chair include:
* generous annual leave entitlement
* local government pension scheme package
* access to wider training and development qualifications
* flexible working scheme
* travel plan discounts
* childcare voucher scheme
* access to CAREFIRST advice and counselling service
* employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
* assisted car purchase scheme
Duties a Child Protection chair include:
* To ensure that children/young people are consulted and participate in their looked after children reviews, conferences, and meetings
* To ensure that children's rights are adequately addressed
* Chair multi-agency looked after children reviews and child protection conferences ensuring that statutory processes/procedures are followed.
* To chair other meetings as and when required such as complex strategy meetings in defined circumstances.
* To ensure that the minutes and records of meetings are accurate, meet statutory and legal requirements and are available and distributed within the required timescales.
* To undertake management reviews of individual cases as and when required and to audit cases on themes identified to ensure quality and safety or practice.
* To provide independent and professional leadership around practice matters and provide advice to staff.
* To ensure duties are undertaken in a manner that promotes and values diversity and ant discriminatory practice.
* To be responsible for the decision making at conferences and reviews ensuring that there is a framework for reviewing compliance with the plans made.
* Driving good practice and quality assurance through quality assuring the effectiveness and impact of interventions on children and young people with a Child Protection Plan.
Essential requirements as a Child Protection chair include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work