Social Work - Deputy Team Manager - Fostering - Milton Keynes - salary starting from £45,859 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Deputy Team Manager to join the Fostering Team based in Milton Keynes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Deputy Team Manager to join a busy, fast paced team. You will work closely with colleagues from various teams and build positive links between your team and other parts of the service to ensure effective multi-professional working and good outcomes for children.
Benefits as a Fostering Deputy Team Manager include:
* Excellent starting salary
* Generous Annual leave entitlement
* Flexible working environment
* Relocation packages available
Duties as a Fostering Deputy Team Manager include:
* Support the Fostering Operations Manager to ensure that services are delivered in line with The Fostering Services: National Minimum Standards 2011 and legal requirements of the Fostering Services Regulations 2011 and The Children Acts 1989 & 2004.
* Ensure that all Children in Need, Child Protection, and/or in care are safeguarded and their well-being is promoted effectively, through assessment and care planning alongside the application of specialist theory, practical and procedural knowledge.
* Assist the recruitment/retention of all foster carers, and timely completion of assessments.
* Support and quality assure all aspects of work relating to the Fostering Service and quality assure Development Plans and Household Reviews.
* Ensure effective presentation at Fostering Panels, quality assure reports and support the Operations Manager to develop learning from any emerging theme.
* Manage and ensure the effective management of the team (Social Workers, Social Work Assistants and childcare professionals) and the supervision and allocation of casework/assessment is monitored across the team.
* Ensure budgetary guidelines are adhered to by team members through supervision and applying appropriate decisions which reflect cost effective decision without compromising need.
* Undertake staff performance tasks as directed by the Operations Manager to ensure staff performance conforms to the required professional and performance standards, including full electronic recording of work on Liquid Logic system.
Requirements as a Fostering Deputy Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work