Senior Social Worker / Social Worker - Child Exploitation Team- Dudley - £36,890 to £45,890 per annum
We have currently partnered with Dudley in the West Midlands to provide Social workers to their Child Exploitation service. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging authority.
As a member of this team you receive great benefits including agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements and a friendly and supportive team and management.
The Successful Social Worker should have a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
Benefits of this role include:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement, Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Manageable cases loads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High quality professional supervision
* A bespoke induction package
* A permanent senior management team
* Onsite free parking
* A comprehensive and enhanced learning and development programme developed alongside the government's new accreditation scheme and provided by our innovative Dudley Centre for Professional Practice.
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Car sharing scheme, a cycle purchase scheme and Travel pass
* Childcare vouchers
* Paycare health scheme (Contributory)
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
Duties of this role include:
* Contribute to the delivery of an effective children's social care service as part of a specialist social work team, improving outcomes for children who are vulnerable to exploitation
* Manage caseloads for a child exploitation team and work across partner agencies to develop services for children at risk of extra familial harm
* Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multiagency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships, and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
* Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Dudley LSCB, departmental policy and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Essential requirements of this role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
* A current Enhanced DBS
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Can analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker