Social Work Team Manager - Children's - Gateshead - £208.42 per day
We are currently looking for a Social Work Team Manager (social work qualified) to join a fantastic service in Gateshead. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of childcare legislation and statutory guidelines, as well as child protection and multiagency responsibilities.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful Team Manager must have proven ability to provide reflective supervision, as well as the ability to effectively challenge and influence Social Workers.
The benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* £208.42 per day
* Friendly and welcoming team
* Excellent training and development opportunities
Duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
* To ensure the effective operational management of Social Work teams in line with relevant legislation, regulation, performance frameworks and the Council's policies, priorities, and procedures.
* To scrutinise performance and implement effective and timely improvement ensuring the service is prepared for regulatory inspections.
* To line manage Practice Supervisors and Social Workers in the execution of their duties ensuring the highest standards of practice by providing reflective supervision and consultation
* To provide leadership and people management that creates a culture for teams and individuals to perform at their best.
* To promote, develop and maintain effective inter-agency working that ensures the provision of well-co-ordinated service delivery.
* To lead and deliver customer focused service delivery and achieve key results in line with agreed local and national indicators, outcomes, and targets by working effectively with partners and service users.
* To develop and implement quality assurance functions in relation to the operation of the team.
* To influence service redesign and transformation ensuring the team is fit for purpose.
* To chair meetings, including planning and strategy meetings, that ensures effective and safe decision making, planning and demonstrating the appropriate use of Council resources.
* To deputise for the Service Manager.
* To develop policy and procedures for the Service whilst working in collaboration with other teams and partners to ensure the smooth delivery of services for children and families.
* Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Essential requirements as a Social Work Team Manager:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Post qualifying Management and leadership training
* Current driving licence and assess to a car, or means to mobility support
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.