Social Worker - Children's Assessment Team - Medway - up to £42,248 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting an experienced Social Worker to join the Assessment Team based in Medway.
This is a perfect opportunity for an established Social Worker to flourish in a local council and to develop your skills to the fullest. If you're ambitious and looking for your next career step, our client can offer an accessible and supportive pathway into management roles as well as extensive training and development opportunities
Benefits as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Market premia payment of £2500 per annum (paid in 12 equal payments)
* Retention payment of £3000 per annum (paid in April, following 1 years' continuous service with Medway)
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
Duties as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Working within current legislation, the City Council's policies and core values, and Departmental policies and procedures.
* Have responsibility for a caseload, including cases which can be of a complex and challenging nature and undertake child protection investigations, case work for children in care and children in need, acting as the Lead Safeguarding Professional.
* Undertake accurate and sensitive assessments of Service Users, Carers and Families, where their situation could be complex and high-risk.
* Responsibility of completing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and updating Care & Support Plans through person-centred planning principles and relevant procedures
* Conducting formal supervision sessions and screening referrals.
Essential requirements as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work