Public Law Outline Manager - Buckinghamshire - £52,372 to £54,931 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Public Law Outline (PLO) Manager to work countrywide across various social teams with the main location being in Aylesbury.
The post holder will work within the framework of PLO, overseeing and tracking all work within pre-proceedings ensuring actions are achieved and the process is used effectively to ultimately divert high risk cases entering into the court arena. The role will actively support and promote best practice in line with the new Public Law Working Group Recommendations.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate with a managerial background to perform a key departmental role to support already embedded process and add value to existing panels which oversee this area of work.
Benefits as a Public Law Outline Manager include:
* Competitive salary with a market increment
* A 'Golden Hello' lump sum payment upon successful completion of probation
* New lease car scheme
* Annual leave up to 30 days per year, as well as other types of leave and the opportunity to buy further leave
* Up to 15 days per year training, learning and development offer
Duties as a Public Law Outline Manager include:
* Act as the conduit between the social care teams, legal team and the courts
* Provide guidance to social workers in presenting their evidence to the Legal Planning panel and the court, providing coaching where appropriate, including accompanying social workers to the first or key hearings where necessary
* Quality assuring and assisting with the preparation of letters before proceedings/statements/care plans being submitted to the court
* Work with legal services and team managers to review and improve the current PLO process and introduce quality standards for pre-proceedings work
* Lead on the tracking of all PLO work, playing a pivotal role in coordinating the weekly Legal Planning Panel and ensure that progress in each case is in line with timescales as agreed by the panel.
* Escalate to HoS/Legal Planning Panel where there is a risk of timescales not being met
* Develop and implement quality standards in relation to court reports including section 7 and section 37 reports and ensure they are approved prior to being submitted to court
* Develop written practice guidance for staff in relation to best practice in PLO, care proceedings and any other court activities as agreed
* Identify training needs for the service / individuals and support workforce development in addressing those training needs
* Will offer case supervision to social workers in agreement with their line manager
* Will examine opportunities for peer/group supervision for social workers to assist their learning in relation to pre-proceedings and court work
* Regularly attend PLO meetings, legal planning meetings (where deemed necessary outside of Legal Planning Panel)
* Where required, work with individual assistant team managers to develop their understanding and skills in relation to pre-proceedings and court work.
* Ensure that evidence submitted to court reflects the latest evidence-based research
* Ensure practice guidance is regularly updated to reflect any changes to legislation / regulation
Requirements as a Public Law Outline Manager include:
* Considerable experience in formulating and implementing effective social work interventions with children, young people and their families and carers.
* Knowledge and understanding of child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors.
* Ability to write concise reports and have excellent verbal communication skills.
* A current SWE registration
* DipSW qualification or equivalent
* The right to work in the UK