Social Worker - Looked After Children - Kingston - £34,884 to £37,722 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team based in Kingston.
The successful candidate will be joining a team that is focused on supporting children and young people from the age of 0 to 18 that are accommodated by Richmond and Kingston. The team place service users in various settings such as kinship placements, foster placements and residential provisions.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* £750 Welcome bonus
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
Duties as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Act as a corporate parent to children and able to act as the lead professional.
* Champion the views and wishes of children and young people so that they may be supported to reach their full potential.
* Work alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child and/or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, and any other support needed to ensure their needs are appropriately met.
* Support children living with relatives, friends of foster families and prospective adopters or children living in children's homes and young people in semi-independent units.
* Ensure their safety and supporting them towards independence.
* Undertake regular statutory visits, complete and update assessments and review the children and young people's care plan.
* Prepare reports and attend court occasionally.
Requirements as a Looked After Children Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work