Social Worker - Exploitation - Slough - £37,731 to £42,839 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Exploitation Team based in Slough.
The Exploitation Service is set to incorporate a social work team to provide robust, timely and specialist intervention to children, young people and families at risk of violence, vulnerability and exploitation. The focus will be on adolescents whereby extra familial harm has been identified.
The service will provide a wraparound approach to intervention to support and address exploitation and extra familial harm in all its forms.
Benefits as an Exploitation Social Worker include:
* Employee Engagement Group ensures the voice of our colleagues can be heard
* Employee Assistance Programme ensures you have access to support and advice whenever you need it
* Great relocation package if you're having to move to work in Slough
* Market supplement of up to £5,600 for frontline social workers, depending on role
* Retention reward of £1,000 after 18 months (SW, SSW/CP, ATM and TM roles)
* Part of the Tusker personal car lease scheme
* All staff have access to the Blue Light Card offering discounts at hundreds of high street and online stores
* Use of pool cars so you can use public transport, cycle or car share to work and still drive to local appointments.
* Season ticket loans to reduce the cost of public transport
* Clear career pathways
Duties as an Exploitation Social Worker include:
* Always promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of complex children and young people and throughout all aspects of work.
* Be responsible for managing an independent workload, ensuring legislative and local requirements are met to a high standard and within required timescales.
* Thoroughly assess, critically analyse, plan and implement suitable interventions for children and young people subject to, or at risk of contextual safeguarding and exploitation, whilst effectively managing risk at all time and seeking support from senior team members when required.
* Produce concise, well-structured assessments, plans and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements and ensuring all recommendations are followed.
* Where cases are to be transferred to another service or partners, ensure there is a clearly recorded transfer plan.
* Maintain accurate, up to date, evidence-based records safely and confidentially, in line with statutory requirements.
* Ensure children, young people and their families/carers receive intensive support through meaningful and purposeful interventions and direct work.
* Provide supportive environments to build positive and meaningful relationships with complex children and young people and their families.
Requirements as an Exploitation Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work