Social Worker - Adult Safeguarding Officer - Carmarthenshire - £30 - £33 per hour
Working schedule: 4 days per week working from home, 1-day in the office
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting an Adult Safeguarding Officer (social work qualified) to join our client based in Carmarthenshire, Wales.
As an experienced Social Worker, you will work as part of the Safeguarding team undertaking duties as required under part 7 of the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014 and in accordance with the Wales Safeguarding Procedures for adults at risk.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* 4 days working from home, 1 day working from home
* Laptop provided
* Mobile phone provided
* Training provided
* 6+ month contract
* Flexible working
Duties as a Social Worker include:
* The post holder will act as a full-time safeguarding duty officer responsible for appropriately responding to adult safeguarding reports made to the local authority
* The post holder will fulfil the local authority statutory duties in relation to safeguarding enquiries (s126 SSWBA), and will determine what course of action, if any needs to be taken to prevent or manage the risk of abuse /neglect
* The duty officer may delegate safeguarding enquiries to the most appropriate person/agency but will retain overall management of the enquiries including setting timescales
* The role involves gathering relevant information to inform decision making and will include frequent face to face visits to individuals who may be at risk of abuse or neglect
* This may include assessing mental capacity and care support needs
* The post holder may need to make immediate decisions and take decisive action in relation safeguarding concerns
* The post holder will work in a person-centred way ensuring the adult a risk is central to decision making and protection planning
* The role will involve significant multi agency working to achieve the best possible outcomes for the person at risk
* The post holder will on occasions be required to produce detailed documents/reports in preparation for court applications.
Requirements as a Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.