Social Worker - Leaving Care Team- Bedford - £36,756 to £42,153 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join the Leaving Care Team based in Bedford.
This is a great time to join Bedford, as they work towards an exciting transformation plan. The focus is on developing the early intervention and prevention strategies and supporting this with an efficient and effective social care system.
Candidates with a range of experience will be considered, which makes this a great opportunity for Social Workers to change direction and springboard their career.
Benefits as a Leaving Care Team Social Worker include:
* - £4000 bonus payments to candidates joining the Leaving Care Team (paid after 6 months probationary period)
* Up to £8,000 Relocation Package
* A smaller remit that neighbouring authorities - Bedford covers a relatively small geographical area and therefore limited travel to visits
* Flexible working arrangements
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Technology to support agile working
* A clearly defined career progression scheme for all social workers.
Duties as a Leaving Care Team Social Worker include:
* Supporting all looked after children and young people to meet their full educational potential and to promote their health including their mental health.
* Safeguard and promote the child's well-being.
* Working with looked after children moving into independence, completing pathway assessments and plans and supporting young people with practical skills, access to training and education.
* Completing pathway plans.
* Promoting independent living skills for people aged between 16 - 21 years leaving care, which involves achieving appropriate accommodation, training, education and employment.
* Managing a high caseload.
* Statutory reviews.
* Employment assessments.
* Duty work.
* Managing the leaving care grant.
Essential requirements as a Leaving Care Team Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work