Supervising Social Worker - Private Fostering - Waltham Abbey - £31,000 to £35,000 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Supervising Social Worker to join the Fostering team based in Waltham Abbey.
The Supervising Social Worker will be responsible for the supervision, management, support, development, recruitment, and retention of foster carers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join a well established team and make a positive impact to children's lives.
Benefits of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Benefits for you as the Supervising Social Worker:
* Salary £31,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
* Hours per week: 37 Hours a week
* 28 Days Annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays
* Some flexibilities regarding working from home
* Nest Pension Scheme
* Access to wellbeing and counselling services
* Mileage paid per month @.45p per mile
* Training and Development Opportunities
Duties of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Provide foster carers with a high-level support which enables them to give the best possible outcomes to the children and young people
* Contribute to the improvement in outcomes for looked after children in the care of Local authorities through the application of sound social work practice that incorporates child-focussed activities in line with national and local best practice guidelines and regulations. This includes ensuring every child having a care plan in place.
* Contribute towards placement stability via continuous assessment of each placement in collaboration with the allocated social worker and other professionals, utilising a multi-disciplinary approach.
* Visit foster carers on a regular basis, this is the statutory monthly visit, and more often if necessary, with at least one unannounced visit each year.
* Support the carers to offer a standard of care, which ensures that the best interests of placed children can be met.
* The visits will be recorded on the standard supervisory visit form and will identify strengths and areas to be developed for the carers, as well as the recording of notifiable events.
* Participate, where required, in the presentation of training for foster carers, and in the recruitment of carers that would be able to meet the varied needs of the children looked after.
* Participate in a weekly duty rota that provides advice and support to existing foster carers.
* May be asked to carry out assessments of prospective foster carers and present these to panel.
Essential requirements of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience