Social Worker - Care Management - Dudley - Up to £38,890 per annum
We have currently partnered with Dudley in the West Midlands to provide Social workers to their Care Management Service.
In this role as an experienced Social Worker you will be part of a Restorative Practice Model to focus on building relationships, valuing people and working together to achieve positive outcomes. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging authority
Benefits as a Care Management Social Worker:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Work flexibly, and are open to discuss hours to suit
* Manageable cases loads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High quality professional supervision
* Supportive and collaborative team working
* Excellent progression opportunities
* A bespoke induction package
* Agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements
* A permanent senior management team
* Onsite free parking
* A comprehensive and enhanced learning and development programme developed alongside the government's new accreditation scheme and provided by our innovative Dudley Centre for Professional Practice.
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Car sharing scheme
* A cycle purchase scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Paycare health scheme (Contributory)
* Travel pass
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
Your responsibilities as a Care Management Social Worker will include:
* Join a small pod of social workers, managed by an experienced manager and supported by a team of pod coordinators to deal with routine administrative tasks enabling the social worker to concentrate on working with families
* Be supported by a dedicated Court Team that manages Public Law cases
* Be supported by an Advanced Social Work Practitioner link within Dudley Centre for Professional Practice in areas of practice and development as needed
* Manage case loads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs assessments, care planning and child protection investigations
* Be responsible for a caseload and work with others in your pod as you intervene together with families, to ensure the best possible outcome for children
* Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people
* Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Dudley LSCB, departmental policy and procedures, and relevant legislation
Your requirements for this Social Worker role include:
* You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS.
* Social Work England Registration
* Legal Right to Work in the UK