Service Manager - Integrated Early Years - Dudley - £52,589 - £56,125 per annum
Our client in Dudley are currently looking for a Service Manager (Social Work qualified) to join the Integrated Early Years. Dudley is a Local Authority with a dedicated focus on achieving the best outcomes for young children. This is an exciting time for the early years sector in Dudley as they are working with parents, carers and early years stakeholders to remodel and improve our support to young children in the borough.
The successful Service Manager is required to develop and implement the Integrated Early Years Strategy and lead the Integrated Early Years' Service to ensure that all of Dudley's youngest children reach their potential.
The service requires a highly motivated and experienced early years leader who is committed to co-production, partnership working, inclusion and will be relentless in their drive to ensure the best outcomes for all of Dudley's youngest children.
Based in Dudley Children's Service's Family Solutions service area, the Integrated Early Years' Service will link to the well-developed cluster based early help arrangements drawing together the support services for young children with additional needs, childminders, maintained, private, voluntary, independent sector settings and childcare.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Work flexibly, and are open to discuss hours to suit
Responsibilities as a Social Worker:
* Working in close partnership with internal and external partners and agencies to ensure a creative and integrated approach to Early Education and Childcare provision.
* Ensuring that this provides an inclusive policy for all children; takes full account of equal opportunities and ensures coherence between Early Education and Childcare Strategy and initiatives and other strategic plans.
* Monitoring achievements of under 5s and advise and brief the Director of Children's Services on nursery and early years' issues.
* Working closely with the community health provider to ensure a close link between the Health Visiting service and childcare settings to both promote childcare to parents early and to support the early identification of need and wellbeing of under 5's
* Working collaboratively to ensure early identification and appropriate packages of support for children with to ensure smooth transition into school.
Essential requirements of this Service Manager role:
* Social Work qualified with Social Work England registration
* Extensive post qualified experience in Children's Services
* Experience of managing multi-agency teams
* The legal right to work in the UK