Independent Reviewing Officer - (IRO) - Slough - £46,808 to £51,817 per annum
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and determined Independent Reviewing Officer will ensure that CLA voices are at the centre of their work to join our client's team in Slough.
If you have the ability and experience to effectively challenge to ensure best outcomes for children, including effective escalation; and effectively contribute to training forums and other meetings and act as an expert in the wider department. Then we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of this role:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
* Flexible working available
What you will be doing...
* Chair Looked After Children reviews and other complex meetings (e.g. placement disruption meetings) in accordance with government guidance and local procedures.
* Ensure that children and young people participate appropriately in their meetings, and that their wishes and feelings are always fully considered and appropriately weighted, alongside the views of parents, carers, and the input of multi-agency professionals.
* Ensure that all children reviewed have an effective Care Plan, which clarifies the objectives to be met, by whom, within what timescales and the actions to be taken if they are not met.
* Implement and monitor agreed quality standards, performance indicators and outcomes, as agreed with responsible managers, ensuring that these meet local and national targets.
* Assist in the collection of a range of statistical and other data.
* Provide consultation, support and advice to staff involved in Looked After Children/Child Protection work.
* Develop and maintain relationships within and across the Borough and with other agencies in Berkshire and across the region.
* Provide effective monitoring and challenge where a child's plan is not progressing, and drift/delay is evident.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work