Social Worker - Looked After Children Team - Merton - £34,794 to £41,706 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team based in Merton.
The successful Social Worker will listen, respond, and value children and young people, families and communities and challenge inequality, promote inclusion and value diversity, making a difference for the most vulnerable.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Team Social Worker include:
* £1,500 Golden Hello
* £963 car allowance p/a
* 26 days annual leave, rising to 31 days with five years continuous local government service
* Highly visible and committed senior frontline managers
* Stable and permanent management team
* An extensive professional development programme and purposeful career pathways
* A wider programme to support your wellbeing
* Highly competitive pay rates and generous annual leave entitlement
* Excellent transport links
Duties as a Looked After Children Team Social Worker include:
* Acting as a corporate parent to our children and being the lead professional.
* Working alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child and/or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, and any other support needed to ensure their needs are appropriately met.
* Supporting children living with relatives, friends of foster families and prospective adopters or children living in children's homes and young people in semi-independent units.
* Ensuring their safety and supporting them towards independence.
* Championing the views and wishes of our children and young people so that they may be supported to reach their full potential.
* Undertaking regular statutory visits, complete and update assessments and review the children and young people's care plan.
* Occasionally preparing reports and attending court.
Essential requirements as a Looked After Children Team Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work