Social Worker - Children in Need Team - Harrow - Up to £42,429 per annum
We are recruiting for a social worker to work in a children in need service in Harrow.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced social workers to join the children in need team within the children and young people service at Harrow council. In this role you will be reporting directly to the POD team leader the post holder will be the lead practitioner for children in need including those in need of protection, and children looked after subject to public care proceedings.
Harrow have been rated good by Ofsted and have recently participated in an external Adolescent Safeguarding Peer Review. This review again confirmed that social workers know their children well, demonstrate effective work with parents, and that quality of management oversight and quality assurance is very good. Social workers are well supported by leaders through systemic 1 to 1 and group supervision.
Benefits as a Children In Need Social Worker:
* £1,500 market supplement
* £3,000 retention bonus after 3 years of service
* Relocation packages of up to £6,000
* Season ticket loan
Experienced required as a Children In Need Social Worker:
* Experience of co-ordinating and delivering support through good quality child in need plans child protection and court work all effectively formulated to meet individual children's needs
* You will care about children and will consistently ensure that their voice is represented throughout your work
* Be able to work with complexities in responding to the changing need of communities such as contextual safeguarding for young people
* Working knowledge of all statutory duties and responsibilities relating to children and families, including:
* Legislative Framework
* Statutory Guidance and Standards
* Government Objectives and Initiatives
The following also applies for all applicants:
* Have a Social Work qualification i.e. CQSW, DipSW or equivalent.
* Be registered with the Social Work England as a Social Worker.
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker