Senior Social Worker - Children in Need Team - Hillingdon - Up to £42,684 per annum
We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better and better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
Our children in need and need of protection teams work alongside families and our key working teams to reduce risk to the children in a timely way. We use Signs of Safety to help families recognise danger and use their own strengths to overcome dangers. We use evidence based practice tools to assist social workers in making recommendations. Senior managers share risk to ensure decisions are safe, balanced and in the child's best interest.
Benefits as a Children In Need Senior Social Worker:
* Generous holiday allowance (subject to grade)
* Social Work England registration renewal fee paid
* Up to £4k retention allowance
* Free car parking
* Car pool or mileage allowance
* Mobile working with a smart-phone and laptop
* Season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers
* Salaries in the top quartile
* Practice Educators allowance of £1.8k
Ofsted said the following about the Children in Need and Need of Protection service:
* Social workers consistently use risk assessment tools to establish the risks associated with domestic abuse, stalking and honour-based violence
* Social workers understand the complexity of risks to children and this is given significant consideration and analysis in multi-agency strategy meetings and risk assessments
* Plans for children in need of help and protection are a significant strength and are of excellent quality
* The children and family key worker service provides effective interventions that enable families to implement changes that lead to reduced risk for children with child in need or child protection plans.
* We are looking for Social Workers who have children's rights inscribed in their hearts and children's aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
* You must have a Social Work qualification
* You must have sufficent postgraduate experience and completed your ASYE, where applicable
* You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
* You must be registered with Social Work England
* Previous experience working in a Children in Need or Child Protection service
* Eligible to work in the UK