Social Worker - Adoption Team - Medway - up to £39,928 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join the Adoption Team based in Medway.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of this newly launched Regional Adoption Agency which provides adoption support for many services.
The successful Social Worker will have excellent assessment skills, an ability to work with parents and children who may be in distress and an understanding of the complex needs of adopted children and families and their journey to adoption.
Benefits as an Adoption Team Social Worker include:
* generous annual leave entitlement
* local government pension scheme package
* access to wider training and development qualifications
* flexible working scheme
* travel plan discounts
* childcare voucher scheme
* access to CAREFIRST advice and counselling service
* employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
* assisted car purchase scheme
Duties as an Adoption Team Social Worker include:
* Communicate clearly and sensitively, building effective relationships with children, young people and families and other professionals. Listen to their views and enable their full participation in assessment, planning, and review.
* Build and maintain high quality and appropriate professional relationships with children, young people, and families to enable positive change to take place.
* Support children, young people, and families even they are angry, hostile and resistant to change.
* Manage tensions between parents, carers, and family members, in ways that show persistence, determination and professional confidence.
* Promote optimal child development and be alert to signs that may indicate that the child is not meeting key developmental milestones, has been harmed or is at risk of harm.
* Identify the impact of adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical ill health and disability on family functioning, social circumstances, and child development.
* Carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular emphasis on parental capacity and capability to change.
* Ensure that the voice of the child is heard, and that families and partner agencies contribute in a meaningful way to the assessment.
* Make realistic, child centred, plans within a review timeline, which will manage and reduce identified risks and meet the needs of the child.
* Ensure that children, young people and families, and partner agencies participate fully.
Essential requirements as an Adoption Team Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work