Senior Practitioner - Fostering - Medway - up to £44,461 per annum
Liquid Personnel currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Practitioner to join the Fostering Team based in Medway on a part time basis.
The successful candidate will have a manageable caseload that provides them with the opportunity to work with connected carers and children placed in a connected carers arrangement.
Benefits as a Fostering Senior Practitioner include:
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Local government pension scheme package
* Access to wider training and development qualifications
* Flexible working scheme
* Travel plan discounts
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to CAREFIRST advice and counselling service
* Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
* Assisted car purchase scheme
Duties as a Fostering Senior Practitioner include:
* Support staff on aspects of casework and where appropriate supervise a family support worker or acting as a Practice Assessor for students on placement.
* Engage with a range of partners in delivering services to children and young people.
* Apply critical reflection and analysis to inform and provide a rationale for professional decision-making.
* Use judgement and authority to intervene with individuals, families and communities to promote independence, provide support and prevent harm, neglect and abuse (PCF requirement).
* Work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection and give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information and resources necessary for assessment and care planning activities.
* Lead professional in assessing, planning and reviewing assessments and care plans of children subject to statutory intervention.
Requirements as a Fostering Senior Practitioner include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work