Social Work Team Manager - Referral and Assessment Team - Redbridge (Ilford) - Up to £56,100 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Work Team Manager to join the Referral and Assessment Team based in Redbridge (Ilford).
The Successful Social Worker will provide a quality social work service to children, young people and their families/carers to ensure an environment which safeguards and promotes their welfare and enables children wherever possible to remain within their family and community.
Experience in teams including CPAT (Referral and Assessment), Community Social Work, Looked after Children, Adoption and Fostering, Children with Disabilities and family intervention would beneficial.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role include:
* Retention payment up to £3,000
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* 36 hour working week
* Generous holiday allowance, 31 days plus bank holidays
* Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave schemes
* Flexible working arrangements and working from home
* Access to comprehensive training and development programme
* Season ticket travel - interest free loan to pay for travel between work and home
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role include:
* You will be expected to practice effectively, exercising higher quality judgements, in situations of increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
* Undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans
* Manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the well-being of children and young people.
* Professionally mentor and support other colleagues.
* Plan, deliver and oversee interventions for a complex caseload and where appropriate review cases.
* Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people's interests are supported.
* Ensure operational support and delivery of an Assessment Service for children in need or at risk of protection.
* Work directly with children and young people, the work has significant implications for the well-being of individuals and might involve situations where service users' personal liberty and or safety is at risk
* Work with professional colleagues, other providers, and external agencies to gather and exchange information and co-ordinate actions.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work