Social Worker / Senior Practitioner- Assessment Team - Redbridge (Ilford) - Up to £49,839 Per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting a Social Worker/ Senior Practitioner to join the Assessment Team based in Redbridge (Ilford).
Our client has Recently rated as outstanding by OFSTED and nominated for a prestigious Local Government Chronical Award recognising the best children's services in the country. They offer a family approach to the care of children in Redbridge across a range of teams.
You will provide a quality social work service to children, young people, and their families/carers to ensure an environment which safeguards and promotes their welfare and enables children wherever possible to remain within their family and community. You will be expected to practice effectively, exercising higher quality judgements, in situations of increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
Benefits as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Retention payment up to £3,000
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* 36 hour working week
* Generous holiday allowance, 31 days plus bank holidays
* Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave schemes
* Flexible working arrangements and working from home
* Access to comprehensive training and development programme
* Season ticket travel - interest free loan to pay for travel between work and home
Duties as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* To undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of children and young people.
* Professionally mentor and support other colleagues.
* Plan, deliver and oversee interventions for a complex caseload and where appropriate review cases.
* Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people's interests are supported.
* Ensure operational support and delivery of an Assessment Service for children in need or at risk of protection.
* Work directly with children and young people, the work has significant implications for the well-being of individuals and might involve situations where service users' personal liberty and or safety is at risk Professional colleagues, other providers and external agencies to gather and exchange information and co-ordinate actions. Represent the Council at multi-agency meetings.
Essential requirements as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work