Social Worker - Child Protection - Bexley - up to £41,934 per annum
We are currently recruiting a Social Worker to join our clients Child Protection Team based in Bexley.
You will have the exciting opportunity to join a well established team and create a positive impact to vulnerable children using your previous Social Work skills.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms, and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
Responsibilities as a Social Worker role:
* Build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families to help support children in need of help or protection.
* Help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network.
* Explore and implement alternate plans to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence. This will require working in a supported practice environment that respectfully challenges and enables you to use your professional judgement, autonomy, experience, knowledge, and skills.
* Use Signs of Safety practice model when working with children, families, and the wider professional network.
Essential requirements as a Social Worker role:
* Degree or equivalent in social work.
* Hold a full UK licence
* Current Social Work England registration.
* Recent post-qualifying experience within front-line social work.
* Have a proficient ability to communicate in English and be able to influence others to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible to keep children as safe and well cared for as possible.