Senior Social Worker / Social Worker - Looked After Children and Permanence - Coventry - £32,234 to £38,890 per annum
Liquid Personnel have partnered with Coventry to provide permanent Senior Social Worker/ Social Workers for the Looked After Children and Permanence Team.
Coventry is a vibrant and diverse authority covering the city, ensuring the smooth running of a highly efficient social work team carrying out assessments, as part of court proceedings and pro-actively planning with children and young people who are looked after.
Working within a highly regarded, efficient and caring service you will be part of one of four social work teams consisting of a Team Manager, senior practitioner, a children and family worker and a mixture of experienced and newly qualified social workers.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Competitive salary and Pension Scheme
* Relocation Package for new starters of up to £8K
* An extensive Training Programme and investment in your professional development with close links to universities
* A clear career structures
* Family-friendly working environment and a commitment to good work/life balance
* Regular Supervision and support
* Excellent management support and manageable caseloads
* Health and Wellbeing programmes
* Car Leasing facility
* Wider Wallet employee Benefit scheme offering discounts nationally and locally
* Refund for re-registration of current HCPC Certificate Deductions from salary benefits include:
* Prudential AVC's/Westfield Health/Simply Health/Credit Union/Give as You Earn Scheme/Travel Passes Salary Sacrifice Scheme benefits include:
* MyCar scheme - salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, benefit of driving a brand-new low-cost car for up to 3 years for an all-inclusive, fixed monthly gross cost (must complete probationary successfully)
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Holiday purchase scheme which enables employees to purchase up to 74 hours (pro-rata) additional leave (subject to the needs of the service and manager approval.)
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role:
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative, and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
* Care planning
* LAC reviews
* Care proceedings
* Strong knowledge of the PLO process
* Working with looked after children up to the age of 18
* Section 20 voluntary accommodation