Advanced Social Worker - Adults Assessment & Review - Swindon - £38,253 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an Advanced Social Worker to join the Adults Assessment & Review Team based in Swindon.
This offers an exciting opportunity to build on experience gained as a Social Work practitioner and progress into a leadership role, or to bring your expertise gained outside of Swindon.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop your career and contribute to further improving services for older people and adults within Swindon. If you believe you have the background and experience to deliver in this exciting and challenging role, we want to hear from you.
Benefits as an Adults Assessment & Review Advanced Social Worker include:
* £2,500 Market Factor
* Supplement Support from a permanent dedicated Management structure
Benefit from corporate subscription to RiPFA including attendance at events
Supervision and support from onsite Senior Leadership team
* Learning and development opportunities
* 25 days holiday/ A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
Duties as an Adults Assessment & Review Advanced Social Worker include:
* Undertake assessments, determine care packages / support plans and manage a large and complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of individuals in line with agreed service procedures and national legislation.
* Professionally supervise and support other colleagues.
* Participate in and where appropriate chair meetings of internal / external partners and other agencies, Best Interest decision maker, or facilitation of this, CHC joint decision making panels, etc.
* Take a lead role in promoting safeguarding within the team in line with Swindon policy and procedures for safeguarding adults. Perform Investigating Officer and Enquiry Manager role including Section 42 (Care Act) enquiries, as required, usually in complex and / or multiagency working situations.
* Manage a small caseload of complex work, using person centred practice principles to assess, support plan and review with the aim of promoting well-being and positive risk taking of individuals.
* Ensure that personal practice is in line with current legislation, including The Care Act (2014), The Mental Capacity Act (2005) and The Mental Health Act (1983) and local policies and procedures, as relevant to the role.
* Ability to manage and resolve complex and high-risk situations using negotiations and diplomacy, involving individuals, their families, or staff groups. Where these fail pass to senior managers.
* Participate in the planning, prioritising and allocation of work within the team.
* Promote, develop and model high quality social work practice including working within statutory responsibilities, evidence based practice and comply with professional standards.
Requirements as an Adults Assessment & Review Advanced Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work