Social Worker - Homeless Youth Specialist - Basildon - £32,065 to £43,839 per annum
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Homeless Youth Specialist Service based in Basildon.
As a Homeless Youth Specialist Social Worker, you will undertake assessments and work closely with 16/17 year old young people that are considered by the council as homeless or potentially homeless.
You will have a quick response in supporting young people when they approach statutory services ensuring early, proactive intervention and have a flexible approach to supporting young people to prevent homelessness.
What's in it for you?
* Competitive pay rate
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
What you will be doing:
* Mediate, reunite and support families to stay together.
* Co-facilitate initial presentation interviews alongside district council homelessness, working collaboratively with district councils, housing officers, housing providers and teams.
* Assess complex social care needs and provide support to children and families.
* Develop support plans that gain commitment to solutions that enable the child, young person and family to build resilience and look forward to a brighter future.
* Work collaboratively, building effective relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders and the voluntary sector, to assist children and their families and carers in gaining support.
* Accountable for conducting assessments and plan responses to safeguard a child or young person and promote their welfare, including appropriate intervention as determined by need.
* Develop a child centred approach which enables early intervention and prevention and increases independence.
* Pro-actively influences in a range of inter-agency planning, decision making and case discussions.
* Communicate assessments and professional judgements clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing, including report writing and court statements.
What we are looking for:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work