Senior Social Worker - Referral & Assessment Team - Kingston - £33,948 - £40,728 per annum
We are currently looking for a highly qualified Senior Social Worker to join a Referral & Assessment Team based in Kingston.
The successful candidate will be a resilient worker, able to work effectively in a team or on their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility.
Benefits of this Senior Social Worker role include:
* Positive and supportive working environments- They have a highly supportive working environment in which managers are challenging and supporting in equal measures.
* Positive work-life balance- Access to employee benefits and support forms part of our health and well being offer.
* A competitive salary and access to LA pension scheme- Their salaries are bench marked against other local authorities.
* A range of staff benefits and discounts managed via your own app- Staff can enjoy a wide range of discounts on sports and leisure activities and everyday shopping through AfC My Place.
* Professional reflective supervision- Regular, high-quality reflective supervision which helps to build confidence is available to all.
* Strong Management - A strong performance management culture, with an equally strong focus on practice learning is embedded across the organisation.
* A fantastic learning and development offer- A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning opportunities is accessible for all. This includes funding for post qualifying courses.
Responsibilities of this Senior Social Worker role include:
* Holding caseloads of more complex cases and providing advice to other Social Workers in relation to their cases.
* Investigating complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children; undertaking assessments and, where appropriate, arranging accommodation for children / young people.
* Ensuring effective and timely communication within and across the business unit, so that key messages are conveyed to employees, partners, suppliers and other stakeholders in a consistent way.
Essential requirements of this Senior Social Worker role include:
* You will need a relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* UK Driving License holder