Social Worker - Assessment Team - Staffordshire - £32,234 to £36,922 per annum
Liquid Personnel currently have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join the Assessment Team in various locations across Staffordshire such as Cannock, Lichfield, Stafford and Newcastle.
The aim of this team is to identify the risks and needs of children at the earliest possible point and respond with the most effective, joined-up actions. Working as part of MASH, First Response strives to make the right decisions for the right families at the right time.
Benefits as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Pay- Excellent competitive salary.
* Essential car user allowance - up to £963 per annum. *
* Pension - We provide a defined local authority benefit pension scheme.
* Re-location expenses - Support with Relocation costs including removal expenses, temporary travel and lodgings should you move within 20 miles of your new work base. *
* Annual leave - We offer generous holiday entitlements depending upon your role and length of service. PLUS 10 statutory days with the flexibility of using the two additional statutory days when you like.
* Maternity / Paternity / Family leave - family is important, so we've made sure we've got everyone covered in our offering
* Professional development - we ensure you have access to the professional tools and platforms, regular training and supervision
* Employee discounts -we provide access to a wide variety of discounts on goods and services from a range of suppliers including Merlin attractions, EE and Microsoft.
* Optional employee car lease scheme*
* Staff Parking Discount Scheme
* Discounted bus / public transport scheme
* Sickness & absence pay
Duties as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Assessing and managing risk of possible or actual harm to children and ensuring they are kept safe and protected from abuse through undertaking statutory assessments of cases including Child Protection investigations.
* Responsibility for a caseload, including cases which can be of a complex and challenging nature and undertake child protection investigations, case work for children in care and children in need, acting as the Lead Safeguarding Professional.
* Undertaking accurate and sensitive assessments of Service Users, Carers and Families, where their situation could be complex and high-risk.
* Responsibility of completing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and updating Care & Support Plans through person-centred planning principles and relevant procedures
* Conducting formal supervision sessions and screening referrals.
Requirements as an Assessment Team Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work