SEN Caseworker - Bury - £15.12 to £16.50 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced SEN Caseworker to join the team in Bury.
The successful SEN Caseworker will provide help and advice in relation to EHC needs assessments and plans, and carry out related administration tasks, updating and maintaining files, databases, and electronic systems.
The benefits of this Sen Caseworker role:
* Supportive team and management
* Relevant training and development
Duties as a SEN Caseworker:
* You will manage a caseload of children and young people (0-25 years) who have SEND and require an EHC needs assessment or an Education, Health and Care Plan - supporting them to achieve the best possible outcomes
* You will ensure that the statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment of children and young people is carried out within the framework of the Children & Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and within the prescribed timescales
* You will produce high quality Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans for children and young people from 0-25, ensuring compliance with the Children and Families Act 2014, the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND Code of Practice 2015
* You will support parents, young people, EY settings, schools, colleges, social care and health colleagues to develop SMART outcomes for children and young people leading to appropriate preparing for adulthood pathways
* You will ensure that the voice of the child and young person and parent is central to the assessment, planning and review process using person centred planning and co-production practices
* Attendance at reviews where required to ensure that children and young people's needs, outcomes and provision are clearly identified and relevant to support the child or young people to achieve the best possible outcomes
* You will ensure that EHCPs are updated following a review within the statutory timelines.
Essential requirements of this SEN Caseworker role:
* Knowledge of Education and SEN law and processes
* Understanding of areas of SEN and ability to relate this to Lewisham's Equal Opportunities policies
* Knowledge and understanding of IT Systems using databases -Excel/Word
* Proven experience of working with children and families in an education setting
* Experience of effectively relating to children with special educational needs and disabilities and to further their development
* Experience of working independently in managing a caseload and to take individual responsibility for work done
* Must be able to work within flexible hours to suit the needs of the service
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.