Social Worker - Children in Care - Warwickshire - £32,798 - £35,336 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children in Care Team in Warwickshire. This a great opportunity to join a well-established authority based at the heart of England.
As a Social Worker, you will be committed to young people and will ensure they are engaged in education, employment, or training opportunities, whilst also ensuring appropriate transitions and support is in place for young people ahead of turning 18.
As a successful Social Worker, you will benefit from:
* Flexible working
* Relocation Package
* Generous annual leave
* Free car parking
* Clear progression paths
* Manageable & varied caseloads
What will you be doing as a Social Worker?
* You will undertake appropriate levels of assessments of need in line with national guidance, legislation, Health & Care Professionals Council codes of practice alongside departmental policies/procedures and guidance.
* You will develop and implement plans to meet the assessed needs of children or adults and their families/carers and to undertake the role of allocated worker.
* You will work in partnership with service users and carers in the assessment, planning and review of services.
* You will work in partnership with other departments within the local authority, other statutory, voluntary, and independent agencies.
* You will ensure that professional standards and practice are maintained and that responsibility for practice and decision making is undertaken commensurate with the level of experience, knowledge, and grade.
* You must be able to recognise safeguarding situations and report through agreed processes to enable appropriate action to be taken.
* You will undertake the above operational duties with the addition of consistently undertaking safeguarding adults or children investigations, court work and complex cases. Working with an increased level of autonomy in managing case work
Requirements as a Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Post qualified experience in children's services
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work