Probation Service Officer - Manchester - £21.50 per hour
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for experienced Probation Service Officer to join our client in Manchester.
As a successful Probation Service Officer, you will play a vital role in an Offender Management Team, working directly with service users ranging from low to medium risk.
As a Probation Service Officer, you will benefit from:
* Competitive pay rate
* Weekly catch ups and support from your dedicated Consultant
* Contract likely to be renewed for extension
* Career development and progression opportunities
* Supportive team and management
* Hybrid working available
* Flexible working week
What will you be doing as a successful Probation Service Officer?
* You will manage your own caseload and be responsible for the delivery of individual and group-based interventions to help the people we work with reintegrate back into society.
* You will assess the needs and risks posed by service users, planning the supervision required to make sure they are actively engaged in the process and keeping accurate records in line with national standards so we can monitor their progress.
* You will be preparing the pre-sentence court and bail information reports on individual defendants, interviewing service users, and assessing their risk and threat to the public before advising magistrates on the kind of sentence the court should consider.
* Maintaining accurate case files.
* You will be dealing with referrals for issues around substance misuse, health, or work.
* You will be delivering behavioural programmes, either directly or through other agencies, to help make offenders more aware of how crime affects victims and the public
Requirements of this Probation Service Officer role:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* You must have previous experience as a Probation Service Officer
* Degree in criminology, police studies, community justice or criminal justice
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each probation officer you refer who we successfully place *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.