16+ Personal Advisor – Herefordshire – Safeguarding/Leaving Care Team
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced 16+ Personal Advisor to join the Safeguarding/Leaving Care Team based in Herefordshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Leaving Care Team. The successful candidate will work with young people who are aged 16 -25 to help them to access education, training, employment, activities, suitable accommodation and to develop skills that enables young people to be equipped to be able to live their lives independently.
Benefits as a 16+ Personal Advisor:
- Supportive team and management
- Hybrid working
- Dedicated, professional culture
Duties as a 16+ Personal Advisor:
- Assess the needs of looked after young people preparing for adulthood and independence
- Assist, support, and befriend Young People in order to prepare them for transitions into adulthood and independence
- Co-ordinate and monitor Pathway Plans for all allocated young people.
- Participate in the provision of a direct work service to young people including group work programmes in their transition to adulthood and independence from local authority care, and to work with 16- and 17-year-olds if estranged from their family
- Work alongside Social Workers in supporting children in care for independence
- Be responsible for developing close and effective working relationships with key agencies and partners to facilitate a coordinated multi agency response to the identified needs of care leavers
Requirements as a 16+ Personal Advisor:
- A sound understanding of the principles of the Children Act 1989 relating to 16- to 21-year-olds and the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
- An understanding of safeguarding children and young people
- Knowledge of the current issues relating to socially excluded young people
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role