Social Worker - Special Projects Team - Lewisham - £28-£30ph
My client in Lewisham is looking for a Social Worker to join their Special Projects Team. The ideal Social Worker will be registered with the HCPC and have substantial experience in working with adults, ideally older adults, and have experience with Direct Payments and holding complex cases. The successful Social Worker will also have previous post qualified experience in Social Work, in local government, voluntary, independent sector and hospital experience.
The post is within a team that offers a lot of support and is a great opportunity for the right individual to gain more skills.
Benefits of the role as of the Adults Older Persons Social Worker:
- Potential for long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Interesting case load
- Competitive pay rate
As an Adults Older Persons Social Worker you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with complex and varied cases
- Completing Safeguarding enquiries
- Completing fact finding and full investigations
- Assess service user in Hospitals, Care Homes and their own Homes
- Managing a workload with the support of senior colleagues in accordance with the directorate and other agency policies and procedures.
- Identifying the needs of clients and mobilise available resources as appropriate.
- Providing professional assistance and guidance to colleagues within the directorate and other agencies as appropriate.
- Ensuring that records are kept in accordance with the policies and procedures of the directorate and other agencies.
- Maintaining and developing communication and cooperation with colleagues, individuals and groups in the community and other statutory or voluntary agencies.
- As an Adults Older People Social Worker you should have:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and creatively with users
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and from other agencies/disciplines
- Commitment to the principles of partnership and of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
As an Adults Older Persons Social Worker you will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
• Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.