Fostering Team - Social Worker - Hounslow - £27 per hour - 36 hours per week
An opportunity has arisen in the Fostering Team for a social worker to undertake the recruitment, assessment, support and training of new and existing foster carers in Hounslow. This is an exciting position which is at the forefront of our recruitment strategy to increase and retain our number and range of foster carers.
You will need to have a good working knowledge of relevant child care legislation and be familiar with the Fostering Services Regulations 2011 and associated National Minimum Standards for foster care. You will have excellent assessment and analytical skills and be able to produce comprehensive reports for the Fostering Panel. You should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including a proficiency in I.T. skills.
In addition to undertaking recruitment and assessment work you will also be required to participate in the team duty rota and the supervision and support of foster carers. As a member of the fostering team you will be part of a cohesive, committed and supportive group which has been consistently commended by successive Ofsted inspections.
Benefits of this role include:
- Varied caseload
- Good level of client interaction
- Autonomy in role
- Training opportunities
- Good rate of pay
You should hold a recognised social work qualification, DipSW or equivalent, be HCPC registered, have a current enhanced DBS and be prepared to work flexibly in line with service needs. You should have post qualifying experience of working in children and families services. This position is not open to job share.
We provide a friendly and supportive working environment, with regular supervision and appraisals, a managed caseload, in-house and external training and other career development opportunities.
As a Fostering Team Social Worker, you will have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Proving support to foster carers
- Form F Assessments
- Assessing prospective foster carers
- Conducting initial visits
- Taking cases to panel
As a Fostering Team Social Worker, you will be/have:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully plac
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to u
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.