Social Worker - Initial Response Team - Newcastle - up to £28p/h
Our client in Newcastle is looking for a children's Social Worker to join their Initial Response Team. The successful Social Worker will be expected to handle urgent incoming calls and assessments.
They are looking for an experienced Social Worker that is used to working within a busy team, handling incoming urgent assessments and providing information and advice to public and other institutions.
Benefits of the role as an Initial Response Social Worker:
- Join a well-connected team
- Autonomy in role
- Access to "My Liquid Rewards" discount scheme
- Opportunities to work from home
As an Initial Response Social Worker you will be expected:
- To be conversant with operational and practice issues pertaining to the delivery of frontline social work services for children, young people and their Parents/Carers.
- To undertake Initial and Core Assessments of children and families in accordance with the Assessment Framework, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner
- To prepare and present reports for a range of purposes, including child protection conferences, child looked after reviews and court, and ensures that these are produced to a high quality standard.
- To undertake on-going consultation and participation with children/young people, Parents/Carers and other professionals to ascertain their views, wishes and feelings about each child's Plan
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Post qualified experience working in children's services
- Experience of Child Protection
- Experience supervising qualified and unqualified social workers
- Experience of compiling individual budgets
- Experience of review and assessment
- Experience of care management
As an Initial Response Social Worker, you MUST:
- Be HCPC registered
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a Full UK Driving License and access to personal vehicle
Why Liquid Personnel?
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.