Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Staffordshire - £26.50 an hour
An opportunity has arisen in Staffordshire for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Learning Disabilities Review Team within Adult Services. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-managed, supportive and structured team.
The post holder would be responsible for assessments, rehabilitation teaching and reviewing and devising care plans, and must have strong post-qualified experience in a Learning Disabilities setting with some knowledge of adult safeguarding and transitions.
As you will be responsible for working with varied service users and complex cases the client requires strong knowledge in Learning Disabilities and confidence in the ability to hit the ground running.
Benefits of the role as a Adults Learning Disability Social Worker:
- Supportive line manager
- Mixed case load
- Opportunity to develop experience with learning disabilities
- Accessible location
As a Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker, you will have experience of:
- Carrying out reviews and assessments of the needs of people with learning disabilities against criteria for service
- Devising cost appropriate support plans then implement them
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities
- Good understanding of Safeguarding and how it applies
- Experience in reviewing care packages and identifying efficiencies
- Experience of working with people within supported housing/living situations
- Working to deadlines on a time limited focused project
- Negotiating with providers and families
- Putting in place personalised budgets
- Identifying alternative preventative services
- Working up individual support plans that identify support/care hours needed to meet specific outcomes
As a Adults Learning Disability Social Worker, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be registered with the HCPC
- Have a full UK license
Why Liquid Personnel?
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.