Haringey - Senior Social Worker - Adoption - £35 per hour
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated and highly experience Adoption Social Worker or Senior Practitioner to work full time within an adoption team based in Haringey The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC
The main focus of the role is to assist in the provision, delivery and development of a comprehensive adoption service which will include assisting with the recruitment, assessment and preparation of adopters, planning and delivering training for adopters up to the point of an Adoption Order. This would include family finding, support to adopters and Annual Reviews. With supervision and guidance from the Deputy Group Manager you will work closely with other staff in the adoption team to deliver the service. The candidate will be required to support the team manager in the running of the team and to develop and maintain practice and expertise in all areas covered by the service remit.
The candidate will be expected to carry a caseload of complex adoption and special guardianship cases requiring experience and expert practitioner input. Responsibilities will include recruitment, training, development, support, assessment and review of prospective adopters.
Adoption social worker to focus on Recruitment and Assessment of adopters under the new framework and any other duties as required by the adoption manager
The starting pay rate for this locum social worker job is £33 - £35 per hour and is an initial 3 month contract.
Responsibilities of the social worker:
- Contributing to and review the development of ongoing initiatives to achieve a more effective use of resources within Children & Families Services.
- Initiating and developing close working partnerships with statutory agencies, voluntary and private sector agencies, carers and those with parental responsibility in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Informing advising, counselling and supporting clients and carers, individually and in group settings, to relieve stress and modify attitudes of behaviour to meet the needs of the client.
Requirements of the Adoption Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Must be qualified with adoption experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.