Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker - Barnet, London - £28-31 per hour
Our client in the Barnet has an exciting opportunity in their Adults Learning Disabilities Team. The post holder will be carrying out reviews and assessments of vulnerable service users with severe learning disabilities.
My client is looking to interview as soon as possible so please do not hesitate to apply.
Benefits of the role as a Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Great location
- Regular support and supervision
- Interesting and manageable case load
As an Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker you will have experience of:
- Working with Adults with learning disabilities aged 18 years and over including those with autistic spectrum disorders, mental health and physical disabilities.
- Carrying out community care assessments in line with the Care Acts 2014, working in partnership with clients and their carers.
- Dealing with complex cases.
- Carrying out Ordinary Resident Assessments.
- Completing support plans with clients in line with identified needs.
- Applying for funding and commissioning services.
- Working closely with clients' carers.
- Organising care home placements, monitoring and reviewing placements and negotiating placement fees with providers; using Care Funding Calculator to ensure that the department is getting good value for money placements prior to taking cases to panel for funding.
- Promoting the use of Direct Payments as and when required.
- Joint work with colleagues from other disciplines to provide holistic service to clients and their carers.
- Acting as a care co-ordinator for clients with LD and mental health issue who are under Care Programme Approach (CPA)
- Assessing clients' capacity with regards to decision making on issues such as housing and finances.
- Completing Safeguarding Alert form; arranging and chairing safeguarding meeting; convening and attending case conferences, team meetings and CPA reviews as appropriate.
- Assessing eligibility of potential customers of Learning Disabilities services.
- Completing Continuing Health Care Checklist (CHC), completing assessment with colleague from CCG when clients meet the eligibility checklist and working with health funding team for clients who are jointly funded.
- Regular review of allocated clients who are placed in supported living and residential accommodation within statutory, voluntary or private organisations to ensure their agreed support plans continue to meet individual assessed needs.
- Collaborative working with providers of care homes, supported accommodation and domiciliary care packages to meet needs of service users.
- Undertaking Carers' Assessments in accordance with the Care Acts 2015 and providing appropriate support to carers as required.
- Keeping accurate client records on Swift and Wisdom for easy referencing; updating other computer generated information. Using outlook appropriately and all third party information scanned and uploaded onto Wisdom accordingly.
- Engaging in joint work with colleagues within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participating in the duty system.
Candidates for a Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.