Assessment and Intervention Team - Social Worker - Tower Hamlets - £28p/h
Our client in Tower Hamlets is currently looking for a social worker to join their Assessment and Intervention Team. The role is centered around providing professional advice and guidance to colleagues in the First Response service, across the Directorate and to professionals from other partner agencies to help inform people's assessments.
As a Adults Assessment and Intervention Social Worker, you will:
- Work with the person and other professionals as necessary in order to facilitate the stated functions of the First Response service. This includes the undertaking of proportionate assessments, provision of a safeguarding and/or urgent response, fast track equipment and support provision, signposting and the provision of information and advice.
- Lead on cases where a safeguarding concern has been identified and utilise the Council's policies and procedures. The designated manager for Safeguarding cases will be the First Response Team Manager.
- Identify and process any safeguarding and quality of care issues and refer on to the appropriate staff/agency to ensure that clients' welfare is protected and that the quality and standard of support provided is optimised.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Access to Resources team, third sector brokers and the Shorter Term and Longer Term support services to ensure the smooth transition of people through the pathway and directorate.
- Initiate and develop joint working with health related agencies (including GPs and Intermediate care), the third sector, local housing providers and other agencies, in order to facilitate co-ordinated, high quality outcomes for people needing support.
- Ensure reablement is promoted to people requiring support with a view to assisting them to regain or increase levels of independence as far as possible
- Ensure those accessing the service, including families and carers, are at the centre of decision making over their support arrangements and that opportunities for choice and control are optimised and reflected in their assessments and reviews.
- Maintain the Directorate's records by recording assessments and other data accordingly ensuring that all data entered meets the relevant and stated levels of accuracy, quality and timeliness required.
- Ensure value for money principles are applied in all areas of service delivery in consultation with supervisor, manager, stakeholders and partner agencies
- Provide professional supervision for students on practice placements with the team, planning a range of work experience, supporting their development, monitoring progress and supporting the embedding of the student's learning in practice.
- In order to deliver flexibility of staff movement and facilitate optimal service delivery, the post holder will be able to, and may be required to, transfer to other equal Social Worker graded posts within AHWB operational services area.
Benefits of the role as a Adults Assessment and Intervention Social Worker
- Access to Liquid Personnel Social Work Training Scheme for agency worker
- Access to 'My Liquid Rewards' exclusive discount scheme
- Stable Team
- Good length of contract
As a Adults Hospital Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.