Social Worker - Duty/ Access Team - Wandsworth - £26 - £28 per hour
My client in Wandsworth requires an excellent social worker for their busy duty/ access social work team. This is a duty type role which core tasks centre on crisis intervention and prevention.
The role is based across BOTH Richmond and Wandsworth sites. The work does not involve long term complex casework rather is fast paced throughput requiring an excellent working knowledge of a local authorities statutory responsibilities.
This often includes working with complex packages of care which have become unstable to prevent breakdown. The successful Social Worker is expected to draw on their substantial experience and access information from an individual's existing support system to troubleshoot and rapidly implement urgent intervention. Most of these interventions are determined by liaising with the multi disciplinary team, family and friends over the telephone.
Benefits of the role as a Duty/ Access Social Worker:
- Scope for contract extension
- Small, welcoming team
- Regular support and supervision
- Interesting and manageable case load
- No two days ever the same
Our client is for a Social Worker:
- Who understands the role of a permanent duty worker and have a preference for this style of work
- With excellent organizational abilities and strong analytical skills
- With a self- motivated attitude
- The job requires an evolved level of communication, patients, diplomacy and the ability to work under pressure.
- Who can implement crisis packages of care and complete amendments to existing care packages
- Who can identify Safeguarding issues, establishing need for reassessment highlighting risk and priority Referral to community teams and organizations
- Advice and Information Arranging respite Access Team, hospital team or dedicated duty experience essential
- Framework i experience desirable alternatively an excellent ability to adapt to using new computer software
- Must have post qualified experience
- Must have had experience in one setting (not multiple short term locum placements)
As a Duty/ Access Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.