Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Team - Lewisham - £30ph
A great opportunity has opened up in Lewisham for a Social Worker to join a Fostering Team. We ideally need a Supervising Social Worker who can Supervise a caseload of 16-18 fostering households.
The role is to support, advise and guide foster carers in every aspect of their fostering career by:
- Keeping in frequent touch with the foster carers, their family and the children or young people in placement through regular statutory visits/supervision, telephone calls and via email.
- Arranging any additional support services needed by the foster carers or children placed with them to enable placement success/stability
- Supporting foster carers with attending meetings, writing reports, keeping records etc.
- Supporting foster carers in enabling them to manage contact between the child/children in their care and their birth parents/relatives/friends
- Identifying training needs of foster carers and supporting them in achieving their learning and development objectives.
- Working alongside the child/children's social workers in supporting the foster carers in implement the Local Authority's care plan for the child/children placed.
- Undertaking some foster carer annual reviews.
Benefits of the role as a Fostering Supervising Social Worker:
- Varied caseload
- Good level of client interaction
- Autonomy in role
- Good rate of pay
As a Fostering Supervising Social Worker, you will have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases and Taking cases to panel
- Proving support to foster carers
- Assessing prospective foster carers
- Previous Fostering experience within a statutory role
- IRO experience
As a Fostering Supervising Social Worker, you will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.