IT Service Desk Engineer
Liquid Personnel is a dynamic and successful recruitment consultancy specialising within the Health care and Social Work sectors. Founded in 2006, the business has continually grown and continue to do so aggressively Due to this growth we are currently looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic individual to join the business as a IT Service Desk Engineer.
As an IT Service Desk Engineer you will:
- Need to understand and manage priorities, handle pressure situations and work well on their own in an office supporting 150+ users.
- The candidate will need excellent customer service skills coupled with a technical service desk background.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for faults, work requests and proactively seek resolutions for users.
- Keep users informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Support both internal and remote users.
Key skills include:
- Microsoft operating systems
- Microsoft office applications,
- computer hardware, printers, phone systems, good working knowledge of network typologies and CRM tools.
- Opportunities for IT training including ITIL.
- As part of the job role you may be expected to travel to our branch offices.
Benefits you can receive as a Liquid personnel employee:
- Award winning and accredited In House Training programme to equip you with the skills for success!
- 24 Days annual holiday entitlement - plus 1 extra day for each year of service.
- Working within a modern and innovative office in the heart of Manchester City Centre.
- Exotic company holidays. (E.g – Ibiza, Portugal, Mallorca)
- Free gym membership-Discounted City Centre parking.
- Fully expensed wining and dining in Manchester’s finest restaurants as part of our ‘Directors Club’ incentive.
- Team of the Month early finishes and various expense paid outings.
- Frequent free bars and company events, e.g. summer and xmas parties.
- Frequent Sales Competitions.
- Pension Scheme.
- My Liquid Rewards.
- Monthly Sales/Sales Support Awards.
Key tasks will include:
- Will be the face of IT for the groups IT Service Desk, interacting with users via face to face, email and telephony communication
- Logging of Service Desk calls, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
- Take responsibility for faults and work requests. Proactively seek resolutions for users; keep users informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Understand levels of priority / urgence.
- Provide technical support on all IT related matters aiming at resolving majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- Ensure the company IT audit system is kept updated when hardware and software changes are made.
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts.
- Support the company front and back office applications.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Any other reasonably IT related duties required.
- Potential for travel to branch offices within the UK to provide support.
- May be expected to work hours between 8am to 6pm when required to cover oncall periods. Note that these oncall start and end times may change.