Social Worker - Children with Disabilities - Lancashire Council - £24.97ph
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children with Disabilities (CWD) Team in West Lancashire. The successful applicant will have previous experience in Children's services and have thorough understanding of safeguarding procedures. Knowledge of working on a CWD team would be advantageous, but not essential.
Benefits of this role:
- Experienced, supportive team
- Good management structure
- Opportunity for independent working
- Access to 'My Liquid Rewards' bonus scheme
As a Social Worker on this team, you will have an understanding of:
- Public Law Outline, Mental Capacity assessments and Deprivation of Liberty
- Pathway planning, Transition planning, CLA and CP processes
- Working with a multi-agency approach and communicating effectively
- Good understanding of the vulnerabilities of disabled children and the need for robust assessment is desirable, and the need to be clear about commissioning and using resources equitably
- Confidence is essential, but so is a positive attitude to learning
- Excellent report writing skills
- Working flexibly and being supportive in your role
As a Social Worker on this team, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Ideally a car driver due to geographical catchment area
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries and many high street stores with 'My Liquid Rewards'
- Free DBS and compliance service
- 'Refer a friend' bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- 'Find your own job' bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Twice weekly pay roll
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.