Social Worker - Looked After Children Team - Luton - £28ph
Our Client in Luton requires qualified social worker to join their looked after children ( LAC ) team.
As part of the looked after children team you will undertake single Social Work coordinated assessments and progress plans for children either via referrals from MASH or following initial single assessment via First Response Team.
The aim of the work will be to resolve the identified needs of the child and their family/carers to help to retain the child within their family networks and where that is found not to be in their interests, for permanency planning to occur in a timely manner. As part of the holding of the child in potentially volatile situations, a commissioned 'Wraparound Service' will work closely with the Central Social Work teams to provide intensive levels of support, supervision and assessed observations whilst safeguarding plans.
Benefits of the role as Looked After Children Social Worker include:
- Stable authority
- Competitive pay-rate
- Good staff retention
As a Looked After Children Social Worker you will need experience of:
- Experience of working with LAC up to the age of 18.
- Experience of direct work, life story work with children/young people.
- Achieving, and maintaining permanence for LAC
- Ability to build, and maintain meaningful professional relationships with the young people you work with. You will also work closely with their carers, birth families and other members of the professional network, in order to achieve successful outcomes.
You will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.