Social Worker - Learning Disabilities - London, Hackney- £28 per hour
My Client requires an experienced Social Worker to join their learning disabilities team in a supportive and well-connected team in Hackney.
The post holder would be focusing on reviewing high cost placements and packages of care. They need someone with strong learning disabilities experience and someone who is able to work autonomously.
Interviews are being held next week so please do not hesitate to apply now!
As a Learning Disabilities Social Worker, you will:
- Act as the key person in case managing a range of service users with learning disabilities and their carers who require additional support or guidance in order to identify their needs and who may need close monitoring or frequent reviews and interventions to minimise and manage risk or where best interest decisions may be required. To provide assistance, guidance and direction to colleagues and assist senior colleagues and managers as required.
- To lead on and complete holistic assessments and reviews of the social care and general health needs of individuals with learning disabilities by working in line with the Council's 'Promoting Independence' commitment. This will be in partnership with individuals, carers, professional staff in other agencies and service providers to establish arrangements and services that meet their assessed needs and promote independence, choice and control.
- To be responsible for all aspects of case management including safeguarding and mental capacity assessments.
- To adhere to the standards of proficiency set by the Health and Care professional Council so that registration can be maintained and learning or development needs are duly accounted for in supervision and appraisals.
As a Learning Disabilities Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free access to our online social work training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy