SEN Case Worker / Transition Officer - EHC Plans
We are currently recruiting for an experienced SEN Case Worker / Transition Officer who is familiar with the new legislation of EHC Plans. The main objective of the role is to convert old statements into EHCP plans.
The role is based within Manchester City Centre and will be a 6 month temporary contract. You will be working in a Office based role offering £15 per hour with performance bonuses based on agreed Key Performance Indicators.
Job Role as a SEN Case Worker:
- Have responsibility for the conversion of SEN statements and supporting information provided by the client into compliant and high quality draft EHC Plans.
- Ensure draft EHC Plans are:
- Fully compliant with statutory requirements
- Accurate and relevant to the educational, health and social care needs of the child or young person concerned
- Person-centred, has clear outcomes, contains a robust, specific description of the required provision and be supportive for the child or young person’s future.
- Flag any gaps in the supporting documentation to the client through an agreed process.
- Complete the production of each draft EHC Plan within 10 working days of receiving copies of the advice and information in relation to the child or young person
- Oversee administrative support in the development of the draft EHC Plans.
Person Specification as a SEN Case Worker:
- Significant experience of developing EHC Plans and transfering SEN Statements to EHC Plans
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with Children with Special Educational Needs.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation relating to children and young people with SEN and Disabilities. This includes the Education Act 1996, Children and Famalies Act 2014, SEND Code of Practice 2015 and the Equality Act 2010.
- Ability to provide training, mentoring and coaching to administrators to support the conversion process
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure to tight timescales and key performance indicators
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail.