Social Worker - Transitions - Medway - £28-30ph
Medway are currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Transition Team. This will involve working with young people aged from 18-25. They need an experienced social worker who can complete assessments, put in support packages and review these. They will need to be able to lead on safeguarding enquiries. As you will be working with young people as they move from Children's to Adults services we need someone who can build a relationship with the young person and their families during what can be an anxious time.
Benefits of a Transitions Social Worker:
- Potential for long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Interesting case load
As a Transitions Social Worker your duties will include:
- To hold a case load of exclusively transition cases.
- To work under the direction of the Transition workstream Senior Social Worker, the Team Manager, the Service Manager and the Head of Disabilities.
- To progress cases of service users from Children Services to Adult Services.
- To work jointly with Special Education Needs Co-ordinators re. funding matters in cases where joint funding is required.
- To work jointly with Health services within the integrated Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities.
- To attend meetings/set up meetings relevant to the actions needed to be undertaken and to draw holistic support plans with all relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to work closely with families and service users and to promote their views as well as their wellbeing in all interventions.
- To raise and/or manage safeguards raised on any case allocated and to address all relevant matters.
- To be an active part of a vibrant and skilled Transition workstream where other colleagues have extensive experience in this field.
As a Transitions Social Worker you should have:
- Experience working in an adult social work post qualified role
- Previous experience of safeguarding investigations
- Fair Access to Care Services knowledge
- Experience of completing reviews and assessments
- Involvement in handling complex caseloads
- Familiarity of the mental capacities act
As a Social Worker you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Car Driver
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll