Social Worker - Assessment Team - Leatherhead - Surrey - £32,839 - £38, 312pa
We are pleased to announce that Surrey are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join their assessment team. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and successful team.
- Excellent pay ranging from £32,839 - £38, 312.
- Golden "hello" of £2000 and up to £8000with a relocation package.
- 28 days holiday.
- Option for flexible working.
As an Assessment Social Worker, you will be:
- Providing the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Supporting alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion.
- Making and supervising fostering / adoption arrangements.
- Contributing to ensuring a positive, high profile for Surrey Children's service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Taking guidance from more experienced staff, the role holder will undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- You will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Job holders will also contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
You will be:
- Previous post qualified expereince, in a child protection setting
- A car driver with your own vehicle.
- HCPC registered.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or call on 02070466218