Senior Social Worker - Looked After Children - Redhill, Surrey - pay starting from £39,270pa
Surrey children services are currently looking for a senior social worker to join their Looked After Children team based in Redhill, Surrey. This is a great opportunity to join a stable and motivated team.
Benefits of the role:
- Excellent rate of pay starting from £39,270.
- 28 days annual leave.
- £2000 golden hello.
- Access to development and training.
About the role:
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion.
- To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.The job holder will ensure a positive, high profile for Surrey Children's service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- You will act as a mentor to social workers and support their development, and undertake duties of a practice teacher as required.
Being a senior social worker in Surrey:
- Provide assessment of need, care planning and as appropriate, child protection investigations to prevent the separation of kids from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected.
- Support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families.
- Ensure a positive, high profile for Surrey's Children's Services in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Act as a mentor to social workers, support their development, and undertake duties of a practice teacher as required.
- Undertake Child Protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a child protection plan and undertake all related statutory responses.
- Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations to prevent harm and abuse.
You will be:
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- HCPC registered.
- Have a 24 months experience within a child protection setting.
If you are interested in hearing more about this post, please do not hesitate to contact myself on 02070466218 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org