Social Worker - Safeguarding and Care Planning Team - Merton - £33,444pa - £40,086 per annum
We are excited to announce that there is a vacancy for a Social Worker in the Safeguarding and Care Planning Team in Merton! This is an exciting opportunity to work in an exciting, motivated and enthusiastic team.
- £1,500 “Golden Hello”
- 26 days annual leave, rising to 31 days with five years continuous local government service
- If you use a car for work, a £963 per annum
About the role:
- Manage a Children & Families caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, to ensure that appropriate resources are deployed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and their families
- Work in partnership with other agencies (health, education, police, voluntary sector etc.) to ensure individuals and families receive a coordinated response and appropriate services in proportion to their assessed need
- Develop and maintain relationships with other operational Social Work Teams and colleagues in the council and external partners including:
- Education Department
- Housing Department
What is expected of a Social Worker in Merton:
- Take a high level of responsibility for casework decisions and provide specialist advice to colleagues and others on a wide range of complex issues showing advanced skills in analysis, intervention and evaluation, but knowing when to refer to managers
- Hold a caseload which contains individuals and families deemed to be 'challenging, resistant, high risk and/or high vulnerability'
- Manage workload independently, seeking support and suggesting solutions for workload difficulties
- Increased role in complex cases which will include increasing participation in child protection case conferences and court work, engaging effectively with people, both short term and building relationships over time
- Routinely and efficiently apply critical reflect and analysis to increasing complex cases.
- Working towards autonomous practice in all aspects of their practice. Social Worker's will be preparing
- Have post-qualified experience (12+ months)
- Be eligible to work in the U.K.
- HCPC registered and have a DBS