Social Worker - Looked After Children - Leatherhead, Surrey - £32,839 - £38,312
We are pleased to announce that the Looked After Children ( LAC ) team in Leatherhead, Surrey have a social worker vacancy available for a experienced Social Work Professional.
As a Looked After Children Social Worker we will ensure that you have varied, mixed and manageable workloads, regular supervision, and through annual appraisals you will be have the opportunity for career development and pay progression.
This is an amazing opportunity to work within an experienced and motivated team, allowing individuals to development existing skills and create new ones. This is a permanent role for 36 hours per week based at Leatherhead, Surrey.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
About the Role as a Looked After Children Social Worker:
- Your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and perspective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi independent units.
- Ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential. Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court.
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
Candidates are required to:
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Have a full UK license and access to own vehicle
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- Have a broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- Have the ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- Have an enhanced DBS